When starting out with polar exploration, we quickly came to the question of what gear we need to have. There's a lot of information out there, and a lot of manufacturers, and it is difficult to assess what is useful and what isn't.
We are publishing a detailed kit list of what we are taking on our expeditions. We hope this list can serve as a starting point for any new explorers.
- Base Layers and Underwear
- Mid Layers for skiing and camping
- Outer shells, Down Clothing, Headgear and Gloves
- Skiing and Pulk Gear
- Tent, Sleeping and Cooking Equipment
- Navigation and Safety Equipment and other Electronics and Gadgets
Here's a video of Lauren talking you through how we're packing for our pulks